Launched in 2002, Octavia was the first Indian made car for the Czech carmaker, Skoda in India.
Skoda aimed Octavia for the Indian premium segment. And the Indian buyers appreciated that, as soon it became a huge hit in the Indian car market.
Since then it has been the car, which is liked by the masses.
Moreover, it has been one of the most selling premium segment car in India.
The Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 is a major change to the third gen Skoda Octavia that was launched in 2014. This facelift would surely boost there sales a bit.
Skoda has always been simple yet elegant with there designs. But does the same goes for the Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017, lets find out.
- Though Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 is a big change on the name of facelift.
- The front is completely changed, looks very aggressive from the front now.
- New quad headlamps make it distinct from the Skoda Superb.
- Nice daytime running lamps with little strips of LEDs make it look smart.
- Newly designed alloys make the side profile more appealing.
- The rear bumper gets a new design.
- Sharper looking new tail lamps make the Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 worth it.
- A luxurious cabin from inside.
- Nice quality leather seats.
- The 2-tone dashboard with good quality of plastic makes the cabin look premium.
- A new 8-inch touchscreen is a big change in the Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017.
- The touch is quick to respond with lots of features.
- Another change is the addition of ambient lighting that too with an option of 10 colors.
- A big sunroof is a plus point.
- Huge amount of leg room in the rear.
- Soft and comfortable seats.
- Typical Skoda boot with massive 590L capacity.
- Satellite navigation
- Adaptive LED headlamps.
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory.
- AUTO CAR PARKING.
- Rear USB ports.
- 8 airbags
- Apple car play and android auto.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Reverse camera
- Big sunroof.
Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 Specifications:
|Engine and Transmission||Petrol(1.4L)||Petrol (1.8L)||Diesel(2.0)|
|Max Power||148 bhp@6000rpm||180bhp@5100-6200rpm||141bhp@4000rpm|
|Max Torque||250 Nm @4000rpm||250Nm @4000rpm||320Nm@3000rpm|
|No. of Cylinders||4||4||4|
|Gear box||6 speed manual||7 speed DSG||6 speed manual& 6 speed DSG|
|Fuel tank capacity||50 L|
Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 Performance:
There hasn’t been much change in terms of mechanics in Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017. Except the rear track width is increased by 2cm in the 2L diesel engine and 3cm in the 1.8L petrol engine. This has been done to improve stability on high speeds and to improve handling as per the Skoda officials. Though this change is not quite noticeable.
Car feels nice to drive due to its good control, it responds well on the corners.
Suspension of Skoda Octavia Facelift 2017 has improved and this change one can really feel. Good soft suspension makes your drive even more comfortable.